Ad

3/12/08

Dan Update # 2

Dan is home! He was discharged from the hospital this afternoon and he is doing ok. His legs still hurt alot but he is on lots of Tylenol so that is good.
We still don't know why a perfectly healthy 25 year old developed so many blood clots, but this isn't the first time Dan has defied the expectations of normality. I've accepted the fact that he is just a freak.
We are starting the outpatient stuff tomorrow, pretty much labs and checkups to see if the medication is working and thinning his blood so that he doesn't form anymore clots.
After six months the clots should be gone, and if there are no new ones, he can get off the blood-thinners (then I don't have to freak out about him hemorrhaging to death should he cut himself shaving or whatever.)
Life is slightly less sucky. There probably won't be much to report for awhile, but we will continue updating with any developments.
Thanks again for all the prayers and support. We appreciate it so much. Thanks mom and dad for the help except for the time Dad told me about his client who had DVT (what Dan has) who had to get her leg chopped off and the time Mom read me the article about the reporter who died suddenly from a pulmonary embolism after he threw his clots- (Dan if you throw your clots you are grounded for life.)

Thanks again everyone

4 comments:

Kristine and Ryan said...

Whew, I'm glad to hear he's home and doing ok!

Jessica said...

Yay! A healthy Dan is a happy Dan.

Lena said...

Wow. I am so out of the loop. I barely even knew Dan was under the weather! I am glad he is home now and that the doc's figured out what is was. There is nothing worse than not knowing what is wrong with you.

Nik "the BoyWonder" said...

I glad he is feeling better