Ad

6/16/08

oh my effing gosh.

I'm supposed to be writing a paper on my "philosophy of education" but i stopped for a quick blog-stalk break and I don't have time to write a whole post on what I found while blog stalking so this has got to be quick. And I am going to break a cardinal rule of mine and write a LOT IN CAPS.

DEAR FELLOW MORMON CHILD BRIDES:

When I told you to write something original, because all your blogs look/sound/are the same, you guys all got together and decided,

"OK LET'S PULL A PRANK ON THAT BIYOTCH STEPHANIE. HERE IS WHAT WE WILL DO. ALL DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE WE WILL WRITE A POSTS ABOUT THE EXACT SAME THING. MAKE SURE IT IS AS SELF-INDULGENT AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!"

And then they all put there hands in a circle and said 'Ready? OKAAAY!'

Well, MCBs, you got me. I am impressed with your group co-ordination skills. June has consisted of the following.

"I am so busy lately! Sooooo busy! What with still working on my under-grad because I took all my summers of to vacation at Powell, I am no where near being done with school! *I am just so busy I don't know how to handle it! It doesn't even feel like summer yet!** I haven't even had time to go to the pool! But I am still so blessed, and my husband is still the best, because I've been so busy I haven't had time to cook! So he made dinner last night! Because I am so busy!"

*I may have inserted that bit about Powell

** I did not make that part up. I have seen that phrase all over the blogosphere.

There is something deeply ingrained in our LDS culture. Not doctrine. Culture.

1. Busyness is good. Idle hands=devil's workshop. Now while I think being productive is great, I also think that women (and men) like to create busyness in their lives solely for the sake of busyness. This isn't healthy.

2. Even if you are stressed out of your mind, legitimately, and could maybe use some help, it is never acceptable to imply that your life is anything less than perfecto. That may imply that maybe marriage is tougher than you thought, or your kids are challenging you in ways you never imagined. Or maybe your life just sucks right now. Whatever the reason, it is never okay to mention this, especially in the blog world. You can mention how you are sooooo busy, but you must, must, must, follow this up with a statement about how you are still So Happy! Life is Great! And your husband, as always, is "The Best."

This turned out being longer than I thought (procrastination is so great! the best! and when I'm really stressed, he makes me dinner...). Essentially, here is the deal, MCBs

It's great that you are soooo busy being busy, but we still need to work on avoiding that whole group thought" mentality. Maybe next month.

10 comments:

Natalie said...

No, YOU are the BEST! But seriously, you are. Keep the awesome posts coming!

Kimberly said...

I love you. Seriously. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks all those clone-blogs are creepy descriptions of faux lives.
p.s. I'm not sure if I have commented before, but I found you from Natalie (and faound Natalie through a random blog chain).
p.p.s. my husband is THE BEST!

Nik "the BoyWonder" said...

I am too busy to read this post it is too long!

Mar said...

Your rage inspires me.

MandoRama said...

I love you. Can you please do a post on the MCBWK (with kids) group mentality of fake scrapbook blog headers? You see, you're Mormon, so you can get away with it. I can't.

Kristine said...

I blog stalk you now because of Natalie. Good post. I'd say more, but I'm just so busy, and I have alot to do before my trip to Powell, so....

Sue said...

I can't read scrap-blogs. Insufferable.

Come on over to my blog. My life totally sucks right now.

Katie said...

I feel SO BLESSED to have read this post amidst all my busyness. Seriously.
Now we just need to teach it to make dinner. But that will have to wait because I need to go to the pool now in my Shade suit, t-shirt and knee-length shorts.

Spencer said...

I think Dan is the BEST husband! SO...that makes you very BLESSED.

Ryan and Susie said...

I'd like to invite you to my Pampered Chef party. But don't bother calling me, I'm WAY too busy. I have a million errands to run today. BTW, you guys seem way blessed. Did I tell you how many blessings I have. Seriously, my husband rocks!