Ad

9/25/08

book review.

A few weeks ago, my mother let me borrow her copy of The Lightning Thief. They are about on the Harry Potter reading level, and are an excellent and easy read for those who are still feeling Potter withdrawals.

I will warn you though, that these books, like Potter, are part of a series and the latest book is not due until the summer. Should you get hooked like I did, this may present a problem.


Although there are many great aspects of the book, I shall share my favorite bit. The main character, Percy, discovers that he is the "half-blood" son of a Greek god. He comes to find out that what was previously diagnosed as ADHD/Dyslexia are really traits of the Greek Gods. (It is explained further in the book.)

I enjoyed that. And next time someone feels inclined to comment on my consistent letter rearranging, spelling errors, grammar mix ups, or lack of attention-keeping skills, I shall simply tell them that my father was Zeus and I simply can't be bothered with their rubbish English. And then I will imagine zapping them with a lightning bolt. What is the point of ADD if you can't enjoy the benefits of a vivid imagination?

6 comments:

Lena said...

Sounds like a good series. I wish I had more of a desire to read lately. I have had so many good book reccomendations. I will have to make it a point to read more. Bad TV!

Holly said...

I am constantly stalking your blog through my sister's. I have ADD and now I have a mission. To do my family history back to Zues. I'll probably just find Suess. As in the doctor.

LOOK WHO'S MARRIED!!!!! said...

Hi.
I'm Sara and I'm a blog stalker. I ran across your blog from Kristine Olson. I married a good friend of her's, Porter.
Anyway, I'm a big fan of your writing, views, opinions. I just wanted to introduce myself.
Sara

Julie and Rob said...

Good to know! I was starting to feel the potter withdrawls again... I just started the series over again. ( : I'll have to go check 'em out!

jeri said...

I have been looking for a good series to fill the Potter void. Maybe this is it.

Heather said...

I just saw your blog for the first time from a link on a friend's blog.

Sorry about the mean comment you got. I'm so intrigued that someone is using your blog as a basis for satire.

Loved the Rick Riordan series.