Ad

9/19/08

judgement

There is a special place in heaven for those people who choose to become caregivers for the elderly.

There is a very special place in hell for those people who choose this profession, take their charges to my restaurant, take their charges to the restroom, and leave an enormous, disgusting mess all over the bathroom.

I understand that it is gross to clean these things up. But it is your job, as the caregiver, to do so. Or at least have the decency to alert the management, so that our unsuspecting patrons do not stumble upon said mess, and storm angrily to the counter to complain to me about it.

If you feel uncomfortable doing this, you ought to look into another profession, which does not include cleaning up these sorts of messes. I myself have found such a profession.


Which is why, when my manager tried to guilt me into cleaning up the mess, I politely declined, telling her that I do not get paid nearly enough to deal with this kind of, well, crap.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

I can barely manage to clean my own kids' poop messes without heaving my guts out.

An unrelated old person's poop mess?

There isn't enough money in the world...

Jscrapalex said...

Here here!

Lena said...

Good for you! That is so gross. I totally agree with you. If you have decided to spend your days caring for someone who cannot care for themselves, then take that responsibility seriously!

Valerie said...

are there no other jobs where you live? why, oh why do you work there? it sounds awful!

Ben said...

This is the kind of thing that makes me so excited to work with you.

James McOmber said...

Never heard of either old people or shit being referred to as "charges" before. I feel bad for you, but that's also pretty funny. And yeah, the caretakers should burn in hell. And if the old people weren't so decrepit and helpless and void of cognitive functions/motor skills, they would burn in hell too.

Lisa Louise said...

that is so disgusting. It's one thing if you're a CNA in a nursing home and expecting it but at your job!! That's ridiculous. I'm sorry steep.

adorned with life said...

Seriously. You need to get a nice desk job, me thinks.

MandoRama said...

S- You must work at the R.L. I know of no other place that is frequented by mass amounts of elderly. So what is a young thing like myself doing there, you might ask? Well, the Cheddar Bay Biscuits, of course.

Mrs. Clark said...

You didn't need to change your last word to crap. You were more accurate the first time! And good for you--janitorial services are not your job!