Ad

10/14/08

update update

I previously posted about my current responsibilities
http://mormonchildbride.blogspot.com/2008/10/responsibilities.html


However, my sister recently broke-up with her boyfriend, so the odds of her getting pregnant (which I would say were pretty slim anyway, she's a good girl,) are suddenly very low.

This does not pacify my mother, who called to mention that she had left a large sum of cash hidden in the house in case of an emergency.

me: Mom, that is a lot of cash, what do you think is going to happen?

Mom: Oh, I dunno, an emergency?

me: Like what?

Mom: Like you have to bail someone out of jail?


um. okay.

Is there something my mom is trying to tell me? Like my sisters are suddenly sexually active? That they got involved with the mob after I got married, and they are fleeing to Germany to throw off a loan shark? What is it?

3 comments:

MERRIANNE said...

ooookizzay!
i would wonder, too!

Carley A. T. said...

My mom has something similar. I know where it is, and my sister knows where it is, but my dad "should never know about it." I imagine women from older generations (well, my mom is probably older at 60) find security in big wads of hidden cash.

But if you think about it, that big wad o' cash is at just as much risk in a hidden drawer as it is in our current market.

After all, it could catch fire.

Kimbooly said...

Ha! I love that moms are always thinking the worst. I think we just try to prepare ourselves for the worst, so if it ever happens, we might somehow think we're prepared, not that it would help.

When I would call my mom in highschool because my truck broke down (loved that truck, but boy was it unreliable) she would immediately ask, "What happened? Were you in an accident?"