Ad

11/12/08

stuff that is freakin me the heck out

1. The current cover of Newsweek. It is a picture of Obama all close up and all focused on the nose. They also did a similar cover a few weeks ago with Sarah P. What's up with the freaky close-ups Newsweek? I'm not saying it needs to be a glamour shot, but I do not need to be able to count the pores on the nose of the President-elect. Or anyone, for that matter.

2. The fact that every time I try and cook something, something lights on fire.

3. The fact that the elderly restaurant patron that pooped all over the bathroom keeps coming back and ordering the same meal that caused the problem in the first place. So far, nothing has happened, but I'm waiting out my two weeks notice in total terror.

4. I finish my Masters Degree in May. I believe this entails the securing of a grown-up job. I keep realizing that I have very few skills besides Going to School and Making Food Look Pretty.

5. Junior High Students like me. They all want to Show Me Their Cute Hair Clip and Talk To Me About My Weekend. Even more freaky, I am starting to like them back. I spent years vowing that I would never teach Junior High. But I like those little buggers.

side note: On two separate occasions, I showed up to teach Jr. High wearing the same shoes/skirts as some of the students. I think a grown-up wardrobe may be part of the securing a grown-up job process.

And that's about it.

8 comments:

JustMe said...

Good for you! A master's degree while you are still a child bride. What are you hoping to do with this degree, and what kind of degree is it? Since I don't have a master's degree, or even a college degree, will I have to be more respectful to you?

Janssen said...

Oh my heavens, I'd never considered the same clothes issue. Must buy old people clothing immediately.

Lena said...

Haha! I have never been able to figure out the "gorwn up job". Neither has Nik. I think I stumbled into the banking industry. But I don't want to stay here. Let me know how the hunting goes!

meagan said...

I tried grown-up wardrobe once. It made me feel old...

Whitney and Daniel said...

Try the other day my second grader commented my hair clip... she had "like almost the exactly same one". Then she followed up with, "That's cool, I guess you aren't REALLY grown up. You're more like a big teenager Miss Newman." Maybe one day we'll go adult clothes shopping together

Ben said...

My sister's friend Libby used to wear the same things to school as Miss Bishop. I believe it was very embarrassing for both of them.

Kimbooly said...

One of my closest friends still talks about what she plans to do when she "grows up." She is the mother of 6 children and teaches them all AMAZING things from her brilliant mind.

My mom still thought I was "playing house" even after I had two kids. She didn't want to believe that I had "grown up." Hehehe.

bonz said...

teach jr high! teach jr high!