Ad

3/23/09

i am terrible.

The older I get, the more I realize I am a complete hypocrite. But you know what else comes with age? Not caring. (At least for me, I know many people who do not degenerate morally with age.)

First, I spend significant amounts of time mocking Mormon Child Brides, when, well, I am one. (I recently scowled openly at a 19 year old announcing her engagement.)

And now, I am texting, blogging, and in general refusing to listen in class. Refusing. I have not made the transition from teacher to student well. Not well at all. I have also developed an "attitudinal response" to learning. Meaning I don't think the things in being taught in class are important or applicable to me. Am I 17 all of the sudden?

Lastly, and this is less hypocritical and just plain stupid, I am also refusing to do my homework. I will eventually, I hope, because otherwise I will not graduate. Which would suck.

Should I start listening now? Or should I blogstalk?


I think we all know the answer.

4 comments:

Julie and Rob said...

Of course we all know the answer.... keep blogging during class!

Duh! ( :

Which, by the way, is EXACTLY what I am doing right now... hehe. Perhaps misery just loves company in my case?

Jessica said...

What, you didn't want to listen to four hours on lack of funding and all the other issues plaguing the school system? I can't imagine.

Lauren Palmer said...

I have a few things to say to you. They do not consist of chastising you for not paying attention in class, because I don't know if I ever have in my entire life. They, therefore, concern blogs, which take our attention away from class. 1.) I hope you know that I am friends with at least 2 of the women on the Exponent II website. Oh, crazy wonderful Boston liberals. 2.) You should try Dooce.com... it'll give you a thrill. Smoochies!

Aunt Spicy said...

Blogstalk, definitely! And adore your blog, so fun! Good luck with the homework...yuck!