Ad

4/12/09

dear family of the spouse

Thank yous are in order.

Thank you for-

1. Making an Easter dinner that included covering everything with either cheese or whipped cream.

2. Jello SCULPTURES at said Easter dinner.

3. Drinking wine out of stemware decorated with Christmas trees. At easter dinner, and all year round

4. Getting just smashed enough to be delightfully funny.

5. Making a cake shaped like a baby lamb, and then very ceremoniously beheading it and arguing over who who gets to eat what part.

6. Even though your youngest child is 21, thank you pseudo mother in law for still hiding 155 Easter eggs.

7. Thank you to Dan's pseudo-siblings for fighting over the eggs. Thank you to pseudo older brother for being almost thirty and gloating over your finding-the-most-eggs win.

8. Thank you for excusing me from the festivities when you decide that a perfect Easter evening includes gathering up all the laptops in the house (there are many) to play some interactive computer game that apparently takes DAYS to defeat. Thank you for excusing me, just drop Spouseman off on the porch when you are done.

I love you people.

11 comments:

JustMe said...

Sounds like a perfect Easter! Glad you had a good one.

The Red Pen said...

Can I come and be pseudo something with these people next time? I'll bring some baked good for them to mutilate. What's the next holiday, um, Mother's Day? Hm.

Lena said...

Hahaha! That is awesome. So very very awesome. I wish my family gatherings were that eventfull. I am a little jealous of the easter egg hunt. I LOVE egg hunts. My mom hid some candy around the living room, but that was about it. And her youngest is 15. Oh well.

Shar said...

Your Easter sounds WAY more fun than wanting to kill your 11-year-old niece!

Kristen said...

Your in laws sound amazing. :)

Nik "the BoyWonder" said...

haha did they start a game of Civilization?? or Heroes of Might and Magic??? What game did they want to play...ahahah love it!

megs said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter :) I'm kinda jealous! Mine consisted of my grandpa having a heart attack and my parents fighting. But on the whole it wasn't toooo bad :) Oh yeah did I mention I was doing my laundry all day?? Haha.

But on the plus side I saw my other set of grandparents that I never see and I ate lots of scrumptious food!!! So I guess I can't complain....

And, what computer game would this be???

Mrs. Clark said...

Whoa. Your pseudo-MIL shows a lot more enthusiasm for the holiday than I do. My idea for Easter candy is to buy a bay of those Cadbury eggs you're addicted to. (We ate four bags between the two of us, over the past three weeks.)

Michelle said...

sounds like my kind of family!!!

Whitney and Daniel said...

I want to come to that dinner

Alyosha said...

You didn't join in the computer gaming? That's the best part of family get-togethers!