Ad

4/28/09

i am writing my last paper

ever.

For Westminster.

It is actually proving very difficult. Even for an "emo paper." ("Emo papers," as defined by fellow Westminster student Halley, is when the faculty makes you write about your deep dark feelings.)

We've written a lot of emo papers for Westy, and it doesn't get any easier. You are supposed to write about your thoughts/feelings, but only your Westminster approved thoughts, and a lot of the prompts have not so subtle suggestions to describe how you were a racist/bad/evil teacher pre-Westy, and an amazing/culturally sensitive/AWARE* teacher afterward.

Describe how Westminster changed you in an academic, APA style thesis.
Write a journal about how Westminster changed your life.
Write a reflection piece, in first person and APA style (wtf, am I supposed to cite myself in the bibliography? Mormonchildbride, S., A. (2009). My Thoughts. Salt Lake City, UT: My Brain.) on how Westminster basically rocks.

Sigh. I'm so near to being done, yet so far away.

Vomit all over my face.




*That was for you, James.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Hee hee. Thanks for giving me a good laugh while I try to figure out "how my own professional attitudes and practices needed to be adjusted and what changes I made as a result".

Mrs. M said...

Awww, at least it's easy even if it is barf inducing! And it's the LAST ONE!

Yay!

Katie said...

I hate APA style from the depths of my soul (which may be shallower than I sometimes like to think).

In other news, I miss MLA.

Crazy Walker said...

Glad to hear the good ol' dubbya hasn't changed. lol.

Lena said...

So sorry Steph. I hope you are "emo" enough to graduate!

mathistown said...

thought i'd take this opportunity to transition from a blog "stalker" to a blog "reader". this is Allisen {fellow MAT student, elementary ed, yada yada yada}. this post is MAT to a tee. and your blog is funny. and i hope you're enjoying the end of your Westminster career--hopefully someday i'll be able to sympathize! :)

Lisa Louise said...

Oh my gosh I hate APa formatte! Grr, we always had to write these dumb journals after clinicals and always wanted us to talk about how the bad nurse we shadowed did something a u of u nurse would never do. Dumb!

Mrs. Clark said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations! Lot different experience than at the Lord's university, huh?

Brandon said...

This is the second time I have heard/read someone use the term "vomit all over my face" when talking about Westminster. No kidding! I am so over it! Westminny I mean, not the vomit comments. Love those.

somethinggirl said...

LOL. I so feel for you.

Someone told me that APA only just recently recognized the word "teenager" without hyphens or anything. [eyeroll]

internet
email
teenager

HA.

James McOmber said...

Aww, thanks for the personal shoutout. However, it's not very hip to be AWARE of a white male. Go give a shoutout to Nune or something and you'll get a little more street cred.

Also, "Emo papers" made me snicker.