Ad

6/1/09

hi. hi. HI.

Is anyone there? Anyone?

HI.

I think I forgot how to blog. Does that mean I forgot how to be a complete egomaniac? I don't know. I did start reading/commenting on other blogs during the hiatus, and isn't it very funny how much easier it is to listen to other people when you shut the hell up occasionally? Hmm.

Right now I'm subbing for Mentor A, not to be confused Mentor X, who we know I hate. I actually enjoyed Mentor A as a mentor, which is why she has never been mentioned previously. No good stories with Mentor A, just good advice, helpful tips, and a kick-a letter of recommendation.

Anyway, I'm telling you this is because since I'm subbing, I'm also watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off,* which makes concentrating on the internet kinda difficult. That movie never gets old. So THAT's how things are in their family...

So. Anyway. What is new with you? Here is what is new with me:

1. I'm fake-employed. Subbing is fake because I used to be a real teacher. Also, I work, occasionally, at a restaurant I worked at back when I was at the U. That's right. I'm the most well-educated restaurant worker ever. More on that later. But let it be understood that I also consider this fake-employment.

(I have only two requirements for employment to be considered real. It either offers health benefits, or provides me with all-I-can-drink-diet coke. Yesterday said restaurant got rid of the soda machine, thus rendering it fake.)

2. Speaking of health benefits, I'm applying for a job teaching 7th grade next year. If you had told me a year ago that I would be excited to teach 12 year olds about the history of Utah, I would have completely ignored you as a psychopath. But whatever. The job market sucks this year for History/English teachers, so I am taking what I can get. And if you are a Math and/or Science teacher just wallowing in the difficult decision of which,oh which, of the MANY jobs you have been offered throughout the general Salt Lake area to take, well, shut it. Seriously. Don't. Talk. To. Me.

Math, pshew. I haven't done any Math since freshman year and look how well I turned out! A fake-teacher-restaurant-employee who is completely addicted to caffeine! Who needs math?

Anyway. That is about it. Are you happy I'm back? I am.

So seriously, what is new with you?





















*I know I have previously expressed anger at teachers who allow their students to watch stupid movies. But hey, the AP test is over, there are three days left of school, and I've been out of teaching long enough that my standards have totally atrophied. Happy summer!

13 comments:

meagan said...

So glad you're back!

Glad to know that working from my basement in my PJs is a "real" job. "Thanks to the mini fridge and IHC:)

Jessica said...

Yay! You're back!!! I need to come visit you at your fake job.

amanda said...

woo hoo! you're back! i hope you didn't have to settle back to el jasmino... i hope even more that i will never have to settle back to el jasmino (it's likely).

good luck with getting a real job!

~j. said...

Hi. I'm here. I'm glad you're back.

What's new? I did a triathlon on Saturday. Came in DEAD LAST. It was awesome.

Musings of the Mrs. said...

I love that you are back. Oh happy day! I hope your fake job brings back the diet coke soon. Not sure I could go through work without diet coke.

Jessica said...

Hey now! Math is way more useful than Utah history (at least until you get past pre-algebra, after which they're probably about on par with each other if you aren't going into some sort of science or engineering). Good luck with the job hunt though. You'd definitely be far superior to all of my history teachers.

P.S. You should read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies". It was hilarious. I think you'd definitely appreciate it.

Mrs. M said...

Welcome back! I understand about the diet soda-I could build a space ship with all of the Diet Pepsi bottles in my garage :)

Crazy Walker said...

I loved 7th grade Utah History! It was my fave! You need a reference? I could be a great acquaintance-from-the-ward reference. Yes, she does great cutting & pasting. She'd be a great teacher!

Lena said...

I am so glad you are back MCB. I missed you! Which school are you applying at?

Lisa Louise said...

oh so glad you're back! I enjoyed Utah history, it was a nice easy class :)

Julie and Rob said...

So glad to hear your sarcasme splashed across the page once again! It warms my heart!! Heehee ( :

Kristen said...

Hooray you're back!! I've missed your blog posts...my google reader has been so sad.

What's new with me? I got a summer job (Eddie Bauer...hooray for mindless retail jobs!), I'm learning French, and I'm getting ready to start my master's in the fall.

Benjamin said...

For some reason, I can't see other comments, so if somebody's already made this point, I don't know it, but you're wrong to suppose that you're the most educated restaurant worker ever. Just what do you suppose all those philosophy PhDs are doing?