Ad

6/3/09

twilight according to stephanie, not stephenie.

First, be aware that I totally think the way Stephenie Meyer spells her name is weird. My way is infinitely better.

Secondly, I hesitate to tell you this because it makes me seem like either a drug addict, or somehow psychologically disturbed, but oh well, it is my last day of subbing, why not throw caution to the wind.

Last night I had a Twilight dream. I will conjugate the levels of weirdness as follows:

weird: Dreaming about Twilight.

weirder: Dreaming about Twilight in claymation form. I'm not kidding, everything was made out of clay. Who dreams in claymation? What does this mean?

weirdest: In my version, the vampires had not decided to become "vegetarians" and were quite content to suck blood and mangle the little clay bodies of all Bella's friends.*

and in a tie for weirdest: Bella was tolerable in my dream. I'm fairly certain her little clay mouth didn't produce a whine once in my REM cycle.


THE END













*Just as I believe my spelling of Stephanie is superior, I believe my rendering of her vampires is equally superior. Seriously.

18 comments:

Kris said...

At the end of your dream, did clayBella get squished like Mr. Bill? IhopeIhopeIhope.

meagan said...

Well, obviously it's superior. Alternative spellings, alternative vampires? We all know they're a synonym for trying too hard (:

(And yes. I get the irony in that my name is "Meagan". And I'd tell you it's my dad's idea of an ode to Ronald Reagan, but you'd probably think that's even worse than your generic alternative spelling. So I wont. :)

Nookleerman said...

While not a Twilight reader, I've always heard the spelling of her first name calling out to me much the same way a grammatical error forces me to point it out to others. I don't know why they are so desperate to be noticed, but far be it from me to deny their tiny voices.

Tammy said...

Yours is a much better version. I feel like I am the only person alive who hates the those books though I read all of them and I am very ashamed.

Sarah said...

clay mation. That's awesome. I once had a dream about Silas Marner in comic book style. I attribute my passing of the AP test to that dream.

Jessica said...

Maybe you were thinking of the bad makeup in the movie--I think Carlisle's face looked like it could have been made of clay.

Hee hee. I like your version much better than the original. Especially the part about Bella not whining--although that would have made the books about 200 pages shorter each.

Ace said...

Weird, my mom spelled her name with an E too. She was supposed to be a boy named Stephen. When she came out a girl they threw on an "ie". I've never heard of any other Stephanie's who spells their name with an E. Do you think Stephenie Meyer was supposed to be a boy?

stewbert said...

I think the spelling of stephenie's name is weird too, and i'm not one. a stephanie i mean.

*snort* claymation. awesome.

Nik "the BoyWonder" said...

agreed!

Michemily said...

Weird, and thus entertaining.

Lena said...

That is great! I wish I could dream in claymation, that sounds way cooler than regular dreaming. Was it good claymation, or like Mr. Bill type stuff?

Mrs. Clark said...

Your way is 'way better.

gurrbonzo said...

Uh oh. What if I like stephenie's spelling better?

hehehe! (see, I even replaced the A's in hahaha with E's...I slay me.)

Michelle said...

bahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!! you never cease to crack me up.

Mrs. M said...

We went to see Twilight and planned to see an actual vampire movie. Whoops. I mean, it's okay for what it is (sappy teen chick flick) but I don't understand the fascination with it.

Your dream is far superior.

Becca said...

I would say that dreaming in claymation means you are out of touch with reality, then again you also had blood sucking vampires and everyone knows those are completely real. Vegetarian vampires, ha! They aren't really vampires if they don't suck blood...they are just really pale versions of the Highlander guy.

NIKOL said...

I give Stephenie a pass, since she was named after her dad (Stephen). Of course, look at my name. Like I'm in any position to pick on someone for a weird spelling.

Katie said...

I think your version of Twilight needs to be made like yesterday.

Which reminds me, have you seen Twilight with Cheeseburgers? If not, you need to Google it.