Ad

7/2/09

i love my life.

There are a lot of things in this world I do not understand.


For instance, I do not understand the customer who came in yesterday, claimed an employee was rude to her on the phone, claimed that her order was incorrect, proceeded to buy a box of eclairs, and then, when we tried to give her the eclairs for free to compensate for the order kerfuffle, screamed "I DON'T WANT ANYTHING FOR FREE. I JUST WANT TO PAY FOR WHAT I AM GETTING, WHICH IS NOTHINNNNNNNNNNG!

Then, THEN, in a fit of rage she THREW THE ECLAIRS ACROSS THE COUNTER AND INTO THE WALL JUST ABOVE MY HEAD.




Don't worry. I'll wait. Go ahead and read that again. SHE THREW THE ECLAIRS.


The box broke upon impact, and the splattering effect was beautiful.



There are so many things I don't understand about this situation. First off, no one should be so enraged about an incorrect order, just tell us, and we will fix it. Inconvenient, sure. Worth the destruction of a box of eclairs and your dignity? I think not.


How awesome is her battle cry? I JUST WANT TO PAY FOR WHAT I AM GETTING, WHICH IS NOTHINNNNNNNNNNG!


Was this premeditated? Did she buy the eclairs with the intent of hurling them? Or was it a split second mental breakdown? Did I actually witness someone go mad? Which is cooler: Pre-meditated eclair chuckage? Or just going crazy in a busy restaurant?


Is it weird that a part of me wants to sort of be her friend, so that I can analyze her? I mean, seriously, who raised this person? Who raises eclair chuckers?

If she had hit me, could I have pressed charges? Would she have to attend anger management?



So. Many. Thoughts. So. Much. Confusion.


The best part of the evening was getting to go on break early because the whole scene caused me to start giggling uncontrollably, therefore rendering me "unprofessional."


Who needs teaching when your fake-job is this awesome?

15 comments:

~j. said...

This is funny, so funny that my brain hurts a little bit.

gurrbonzo said...

quit blogging about me like you don't know me.

bahahaha!

what a crazy. your questions about intentions and pressing charges lead me to believe you should go to law school.

Kristen said...

wow. this is an awesome story.

MrsM said...

Some people just totally snap. Back when I used to work customer care for the cell phone company people would actually THREATEN me over the phone. What causes a person to make obscene threats to another human because they went over on their minutes? Craziness.

It was pretty entertaining most of the time...and when it wasn't it was still cool because (of course) I used a fake name. LoL.

Bramamom said...

that's fabulous. I'm de-lurking just to tell you that you should enter that on notalwaysright.com--it's full of fun customer stories like that. I often read it and wonder if I'll ever be lucky enough for something like that to happen to me. sigh. Not likely when you're a stay-at-home.

Brammer Family said...

I can't wait for the next get-together to actually hear this story in person. :D

What a waste of an excellent dessert! She must have been mad!

Lisa Louise said...

i love your fake job! thanks for entertaining us last night!

Michelle said...

part of me makes me think this fake job of yours is kneaders. in which case .. i love that place + am not surprised that it attracts enraged eclair throwers.

AzĂșcar said...

You need to submit this to Not Always Right.com.

Meredith said...

I just read this to my roommate and we laughed heartily.

Natalie said...

i love your life.

Teryn said...

This might be the funniest thing I've heard in a LOooooong time!

JustMe said...

What an idiot - throwing eclairs. You don't throw eclairs, they are really good food. For heaven's sake it you want to throw food, use carrots or something else healthy.

NIKOL said...

I work in the Emergency Room of a hospital. We hear a lot of patient complaints. And, to be honest, they're such a special brand of crazy that I adore them completely.

"Pre-meditated eclair chuckage" has such a lovely musical cadence to it.

Mrs. Clark said...

Third vote for the "not always right" website. It's awesome. That eclair-chucker is certifiably nuts. Wish I'd been there! And yes, if she'd hurt you in some way she could've been arrested, and you could have sued.