Ad

8/13/09

hi guys

Hello everybody.

I feel like I haven't posted in forever. Just the usual laziness, you presume? Nope. I've been on vacation. The Spouse surprised me with a trip to Cabo San Lucas, so that I could turn the ripe old age of 23 in style. (Which I did, yesterday.) And yes, it was pretty darn romantic, thank you for asking. He is a good spouse, that Spouseman. (In general, not because of the trip. Although, upon further examination, anybody who takes me to a place that serves chicken nuggets and fruit tarts at all hours as I lounge on the beach, is probably okay by me.)

I'd give you a play by play of my trip, including headers like "Day 1" and "Cabo Trip, Part III" and maybe I'd even include photos of myself in various states of undress, but this isn't that kind of blog. I will however, in the off chance you are interested, offer you the highlights.

1. Whenever I travel to a place with an even remotely tropical climate, I am always the whitest person there. My legs glow. People need sunglasses to look at my back. I would suggest that I am the Whitest Person In the World, but I have a., seen photos of Nicole Kidman, and b., been to England. However, if Nicole Kidman and I ever were to go to Mexico together, well, we would probably blind the entire native population.

2. I brought 7 books (best to be prepared,) and finished 5 of them. A more detailed report to come someday, but let me just say that it is high time an LDS person learned to write adolescent literature that is articulate, devoid of stereotypical extremes, and meaningful. We are a smart bunch of people! I'm sure we can figure it out. The author of one of my books did not.

3. I can now fully endorse Lands End as the best swimsuit to be wearing when you are being thrashed about by very big waves. Everything stayed put. Except for once, but only Spouseman saw, so it doesn't count.


It is nice to be home.

12 comments:

gurrbonzo said...

WELCOME HOME.

Mmm, chicken nuggets.

5 books? Damn.

Jessica said...

No way! Lucky lady! What did you guys do?

Nik "the BoyWonder" said...

I am sad I was not there for the Wardrobe Malfunction... :(

Lena said...

I love Cabo! I am so glad you got to go. Happy Birthday, by the way. I would love to see pictures of what you did on your trip (PG rated please), so we should get together soon.

MrsM said...

How sweet of your Hubby!

Also-I had no idea you were that young. You are the only serious blogger I've met that's younger than me (by 9 months).

Happy belated birthday!

James McOmber said...

I lol'd twice - at the Nicole kidman/England thing, and "...but only Spouseman saw."

Adventures In China said...

I had a laugh at your number 2. I live in Western China, where there is a dearth(!) of English language books. I traveled to the city center where there's a small section of English language books, mostly British classics, and what do I see there but the Twilight series! In English! And I still couldn't bring myself to buy them. Sometimes no English is better than bad English.*

*I don't know if that's who you were referring to, and maybe I just put my foot in my mouth, but I don't think those are the greatest books.

Your trip sounds very fun!

Smedley's said...

So I was thinking... Maybe you should write a book. I agree with your comment about lds adolescent lit. and I think you would be the perfect person to change that. You are witty, creative, and a good writer. Good luck :)

lorena rose said...

I was rather distraught over the lack of posting. But I'm glad you had a (semi) legit excuse to be gone. It would be more legit if I weren't bitter over the fact that holy cow, you got to go to Cabo San Lucas. Am green with jealous rage.

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed the vacay. The only thing worse than having that super white skin yourself, is having a child with the super white skin. The day my red head gets a sun burn is the day I'll cry with her.

Mrs. Clark said...

Book titles, please!

And you need to read Heaven Knows Why. Best LDS novel, ever.

Welcome home!

Ru said...

I just found your blog Friday at work, and can I just say, I LOVE IT??

PS - So true about the LDS young adult literature. Sometimes I get the sads thinking about it, ha ha.