Ad

8/3/09

i do tags.

See? Not all the time. But, I do. e-Friend The Red Pen (kiki) tagged me and I'm doin' it. She also tagged e-friend Katie from Scattered Starlight, and I'm gonna tell you right now, between the three of us, a lot of our answers are the same. That's why we are e-friends. (And because I'm often awkward and unsociable in real life. Heaven bless the internets.)


Anyway, here comes the taggage.


1. What is your current obsession? Watching The West Wing and sewing shit. I know, it sounds kind of lame, but hey, I'm a fake teacher and it is summer, cut me some slack. Plus, I live in my grandma's basement (oh my gosh, I sound super lame in type,) which is like living in a free JoAnns, there is just all this fabric and sewing stuff everywhere. I can't help it. Also, like Kiki, I'm obsessed with finding a house. Preferably one that doesn't have mysterious red (blood?) stains on the walls and doesn't smell like a dead body. That's what a former and soon-to-be grad student can apparently afford.

2. What do you hate the most that everybody else seems to love? Three words: Damask. Vintage. Polaroids. I know. I know. Burn the witch.*

But just so you don't think I'm anti-trendy for the sake of being trendy, I will supplement the tag to tell you some things I like that everybody else seems to like too. Reality TV, Harry Potter, and hey, self-indulgent tags! wooooot!

3. What are you wearing today. Now? It's 12: 18 am, so I feel justified in telling you that I'm wearing a t-shirt and yoga pants. But I will also be wearing them tomorrow.

4. What's for dinner? Ask my husband.

5. What would you eat for your last meal? Everything I ever liked. Sushi would probably be up there. And oh, while we are at it, let's get the unholy trinity of things that make people with ADD hyper: artificial coloring, MSG, and caffeine (basically, Chinese food, sour patch kids, and a diet coke.) Maybe some gooey eggs on toast. I'm not a foodie. I know. I know. Re-burn the witch with the unsophisticated palette.

6. What's the last thing you bought? Diet Dr. Pepper from the gas station. I needed it. I was driving home from Orem.


7. What are you listening to right now? Gilmore Girls. I watched all my West Wing DVDs already.


8. What do you think of the person that tagged you? Kiki? She thinks my extremely awkward and inappropriate comments on her blog are funny. She doesn't know this, but we are secretly best friends. I imagine scenarios where we drink diet coke and chat about stuff and braid each other's hair, and I'm not awkward at all, and my hair isn't being Mormon....are you creeped out yet, Kiki?


9. If you could have a house, fully paid for, and totally furnished anywhere in the world, where would it be? Like Katie, I'd get myself a house in London. I could visit there/live there whenever I wanted, but the rest of the time, I would rent it out, and that rent would pay for me and Spouseman to live in Canyon Rim, where his awesome fake-family lives. But back to London. When Katie wrote, "I love London so much. I was so happy there, I felt alive and inspired and like I could conquer the world. So yeah, any place that makes me feel that good, I pretty much want to live there forever," I knew I couldn't explain my feelings any better. So I didn't.

10. What is one of your hobbies? Running a bit of a snark-fest here at Mormon Child Bride.










The ADD just kicked in. I'm finishing this later. I really will, though.














* Look, if you like these things, and are offended, you can just assume I have no style. It is a pretty accurate assumption. But seriously? Real vintage has germs, damask gives me a headache, and "artistic" (read: blurry,) polas aren't nearly as awesome as everyone thinks.

6 comments:

Aunt Spicy said...

Oh gosh, when you are living in your house in London and vacate your Grandma's basement, do you think she would let me move in? It sounds like pure fabric heaven!

ps. Wait till you see the squares all together, it doesn't look too "pastel" as there are some bright prints tossed in! But it is very girly!

mommy dearest said...

did you mean sewing skirts

C said...

Oh dear, West Wing AND Gilmore Girls? Are you sure you're not rifling through my TV Show on DVD collection?

This quote pretty much sums up my day: "People are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to any more of them."

Lena said...

Can't wait to hear the rest!

Lauren Palmer said...

So I have no problem with you hating Polaroids, but I'd just like to say this: maybe you've never seen any GOOD ones. I have some bomb ass Polaroids that I've taken that I could show you, and you might change your mind a bit. Just a thought.

Katie said...

Did I mention I adore you? No? Well, it's true.

I think I need to start actually saying things like "Burn the witch" when I voice a dissenting opinion. That might backfire though.

One of my catchphrases used to be "well twist my arm" when someone asked me to do something I really wanted to anyway. And then someone put me in an arm lock. NOT AWESOME. But seriously funny.