Ad

8/25/09

okay, so i'm between jobs.

My summer of indentured servitude at the Cafe is over.

(And none too soon, as I was leaving, one of my co-workers staged a coup, and declared herself Assistant Manager. Under her reign, no one could leave, or close up the restaurant, until we had SOLD OUT OF FOOD.* It was only until after I quit that I found out that said "Assistant Manager" was not the manager at all. If I had found out while I was employed, I would have advised people to stay out of the walk-in freezer for a few days, at least until I had found a new place to stash the body.)


Anyway, I'm done at the Cafe, and I still have a few more days until I start Pseudo-Teaching. And since re-reading Of Mice and Men (the first novel I'm supposed to teach,) isn't taking very long, you can expect to see me haunting you in the blogosphere with astounding frequency. You've been warned.


I also felt the need to tell you that if I am ever in an accident, and rendered brain-dead, pull the plug, nab my organs, and pluck out my eyeballs for somebody else. Now the internet knows. It may not be notarized, but I've learned to never underestimate the power of the internet.

I don't know why I felt the need to tell you that, but I did.









*It's a restaurant! It is never NEVER out of food!

9 comments:

alishka babushka said...

i would have helped you stash the body. :o)

Crazy Walker said...

Congrats on the employment! So good to know you'll be brightening young minds all around the neighborhood!

SGOT said...

You aren't working at the cafe anymore. Man, I wanted to come say hello. Oh well. I probably never would have -- or the day I did, you wouldn't have been there. Such is life. It's easier for me to say hello on the internet. God bless it. Your organ donating spirit/not wanting to be a vegetable has been duly noted.

MrsM said...

You know how I feel about you haunting the internet--YAY!!!! Boo for the fake assistant manager though.

The Boob Nazi said...

Not closing until you're out of food?????? That is insane. I would've staged another coup and taken her out. She could just leave somewhat peacefully and go to another country, like the president of Honduras.

Lisa Louise said...

wow what a crazy fake Ass. Manager! And I fully support the giving away organs if they aren't needed thing, same goes for me!

stewbert said...

"wow what a crazy fake Ass. Manager!"

totally made me laugh.

i'm sorry you had to endure working for them but hope you enjoy your new teaching job. yay!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

Good God! That whole eyeball plucking thing was sort of upsetting!

Aunt Spicy said...

So in my real-non-blog-life I am a boss. I just found out that when I am not at work there is one person who decides they will "take over" to fix things. They make up these ridiculous rules (like you can only print to the black and white printer between the hours of 9-11 and the color printer from 2-4) and make everyone report to them before lunch or before they leave for the day. Ridiculous. Who has time for that nonsense? Looks like Monday I will be having a little counseling session regarding roles and responsibilities :-)

Good luck with the new job! Hopefully the students are more mature than the ass. manager!