Ad

9/16/09

as bright and chipper as it even GETS

Sometimes I feel bad for being such a grump. Did I really need to call Edward Cullen a twinkie? Really?

Oh well. I've accepted the fact that I did not receive the chipper gene.


However, my unfunemployment ended yesterday, and I couldn't be happier. You should have seen me yesterday. I was so cheerful, and money-earning, and productive! It was like a Christmas miracle!


I am going to tell you something: unwanted unemployment sucks. Being a stay-at-home-wife sucks. Working is awesome. Doing something productive and meaningful is awesome. In all honesty, I am pretty sure all my recent internet-acid fest stemmed from the fact that I was spending a lot of time at home, alone with my books, and the internet. Spouseman was (and still is) working a bajillion hours a day, and then he started his graduate program, and it totally sent me into a vicious shame spiral of jealously and inadequacy. HE GETS TO GO TO SCHOOL AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNND HAS A JOB? I HATE HIM. I HATE HIM AND HIS PAYCHECK EARNING RENT-PAYING SELF. OH. WAIT.

Unemployment and Graduation have not been kind to me.

I love having a job. Specifically the one I have now. Teaching 1oth grade Honors English is wonderful. My students are like hyper-active Labrador puppies who are so excited to be in High School, they can't even function. I feel like laying down newspaper to protect the carpet.

Even my lone Core (read: regular) class is full of awesome little teenagers who I suspect will continue to amuse me in the coming weeks.

Do I wish it was full time, so I didn't have to supplement my teaching awesomeness with subbing elsewhere? Heck Yes. Do I wish my contract extended past December 7th? Hell yes.


But I'm just so freaking happy to be doing anything, anything at all. Hopefully by the time I'm done with this gig, I can find a more permanent one. Until then, I am just so happy to have a reason to wake up before noon.

And a reason to stop being jealous of my husband's budgeting and ethics classes. Seriously? That is a whole new level of low. Even for me.




Edward is still a twinkie, though.

6 comments:

Crazy Walker said...

"My students are like hyper-active Labrador puppies who are so excited to be in High School, they can't even function. I feel like laying down newspaper to protect the carpet."

This is the best thing I've read all day. YESSS! I love your enthusiasm, your wit, and entertainment value (unemployed or not...).

Lauren Palmer said...

I'm also currently unemployed, not fun. and sorry for using your last name.

Carley A. T. said...

So. Jealous.

Little Fish said...

Good for you and good luck at your new job!

Melinda said...

You are soooo right.

About all of it.

Julie T. B. Hansen said...

Only you, Steph, can bring a smile to my face with a rant like that.

You just made my day!!