Hello internet. I have sort of missed you.
Here is a list of things going on over here.
1. Full speed ahead at the new job. It is overwhelming, exhausting, and fun (sometimes.) Right now I feel like I am just trying to keep my head above water. But doggie-paddling my way through employment is way better than the alternative, (faker teaching,) so, as mentioned, full speed ahead. I really like having a job. I'm still navigating how to talk about the job on the internet, but someday, it will all work out.* And what a glorious day that will be. Also, become my real-life friend, I'm a total work blabbermouth in real life.
2. One thing I do not like is 6:30 am meetings. Especially, if they are pointless. Sometimes, I wish life was like college, and I could AP test out of 6:30 meetings where I "learn" a new computer program that is so simple I figured how to do it on my own last week while shadowing. I should note that I am not a particularly computer savvy person, so if I can figure it out, the administration should be able to figure out that I don't need a meeting. Especially at 6:30 am, for the love of Mary and Joseph.
3. As an English teacher, (student, fake, and substitute,) I always hated the kid who asked the "How many pages does my paper need to be? What font? Will this be on the test?," before I finished explaining the concept. So my faculty meeting today amused me, because it was chock full of teachers asking "How many professional development hours do I have to log? Will this be in the faculty email? What time is the meeting?," before the poor shmuck from the district had time to exhale.
Second-Hand-Obnoxious-Adolescent-Disorder, a silent killer that affects the lives of middle-aged teachers everywhere.
4. I decided long before I got a job that I would not be one of those teachers who chucks candy at kids for answering questions. The last thing our often-over-weight-nearly-always-hyper-active youth need is a mini twix candy bar as a reward for doing their job (participating in class.) You know who DOES need a mini-twix candy bar? The new teacher who discovered the old teacher's stash in the desk drawer this morning. Enough said.
5. Lately, I've been appreciating the culinary goodness that is the nacho. It's all I want to eat lately. And before you imply that my cravings are remotely pre-natal, I'll remind you that OCD rules my life, and nachos are not the first food-related obsession I've fostered. Remember my french-dip sandwich phase, mother?
6. Ignore #5 for a moment. In an effort to be healthier, (Hey, I told you to ignore #5,) I decided to try a work-out video recommended to me by a friend. This is all I have to say: Jillian Michaels is kicking my trash, and my legs are so sore I had trouble walking down the stairs today. EPIC FAIL.
Also, a judging space for those who feel inclined. Because I got my trash kicked by a reality TV based work-out video.
*Seriously, I was going to say something, then I practice googled some of the information, and my school popped right up. Thanks, Google! Thanks for ruining my blog-life.