Ad

2/10/10

Fight For Air Climb

Why hello again, internet!

I’d like to take a minute to talk about the awesome new button on my blog. Did you see it? Spouseman and I are both participating in the Fight For Air Climb. This is a fundraiser put on by the American Lung Association, which develops research and prevention programs for lung disease.

Hey, why don’t I let them tell you what they do!

“The American Lung Association Fight For Air Climb fights for research that will find a cure for tomorrow. We are fighting for those who can’t quit smoking and for those who shouldn’t start. We are fighting for lungs that burn from exercise rather than from ozone. We are fighting for asthma education to stop children from dying from asthma attacks. We are fighting for laws that improve our air quality both inside and out. And we won’t breathe easy until we win the fight.”

Wahoo!

Now here is the part where I shamelessly plug my participation in this event. I would like you to sponsor me as a participant in the Fight for Air Climb.

Here’s how you can do it. Click on that handy box on the right. This will take you to the American Lung* Association home page, where you will have the option to Sponsor Participant. Click on the “Sponsor Participant” button. You’ll be asked to “Search for a Climber.” At this point, I would recommend searching for Stephanie Anne Child Bride, (Child Bride being my last-name alias,) because that’s the name I used when I signed up.

When my name comes up, click on it to make a contribution to the American Lung Association. You can contribute however much you want. But it’s a good cause, so you totally should. You can also sign up to participate in the climb yourself.
Now before you start judging me (even though technically, you aren’t allowed because I haven’t left you a judging space,) you should know that I have been very careful to never make my blog sound like a brochure. So why am I doing it now?

1.) This is a charity fundraiser, for an awesome cause that I believe in, not an attempt to boost by page-views, or anything nuts like that. I’m never going to be Dooce, but I figure I can do my part to support an organization I believe in.

2.) I have Asthma, as does my completely adorable little brother, the Clark. Supporting the American Lung Association is supporting an organization that works to make our lives and many, many other lives better.

So do it! Sponsor Me! **

*Sometimes the link is a little slow after business hours. Be patient or try again.


**You know when people have ads on their blogs, and they call them sponsors, when we all know they aren’t sponsors, they are ADS. This really is a sponsorship! SO. HA.

4 comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

I wish I had money to sponsor you. meeh

NIKOL said...

Go get 'em, girl.

Brooke said...

YAY for charities!!! I'm pretty sure I already spent the rest of the month's disposable income at a charity the law school held for pro bono work this week (I didn't want you to think I was spending my money on something selfish or something), but if I can find an extra few dollars I will totally support. It sounds like a wonderful cause! Good luck with the climb!

Lena said...

We met our goal Steph! And most of it was thanks to your fabulous readers! Great job!