Ad

3/2/10

3210

My students were obsessed with the date today.


Glenn Beck was in my sister's endowment session. It's a good thing I didn't see him, or I would not have been able to think kind thoughts.


My students keep giving me diseases, as a punishment for hiding the hand sanitizer. They lost their hand sanitizer privileges after several of them used it as a weapon. (They like to throw it in each other's eyes during fights, because yes, it temporarily blinds their opponent.) And yes, I do work with several students with behavioral disorders.


The faculty room at my school sells cheap diet coke. Thanks for feeding my addiction, _____________ School District.



Jake chose Vienna Sausage, thus recreating a scene I became all to familiar with during my days at the Blessed U:*

Boy, driven by ambition and a lot of false bravado, feigns interest in finding an equally ambitious mate.

Somehow, though, boy always marries the General Education drop-out who claims to be a teacher when she's really and aide.* Or in this case, the Floridian daddy's girl with very bad taste in hair color.


Oh, humanity. Who says reality TV isn't real?









*Can we make a pact to always refer to the University of Utah as the Blessed U? Okay. Thank you.


** I can see the angry comments now. Yes, I am making a generalization based on stereotypes. Yes, stereotypes are sometimes true. Yes, my profession makes me overly sensitive about faker-teachers. No, I am not talking about you. Yes, there are some instances in which a 4 year degree is not feasible. Yes, everyone is different and makes the choices that are best for them......Blah Blah Blah I'm an education snob, and I think I am better than you. Copy. Paste.

12 comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

And I'm mocking you, just a little bit, for the whole Bachelor thing, but I'm sure you know that.

TheOneTrueSue said...

I was surprised Jake chose someone at ALL - he really pings my gaydar.

Becky said...

glen beck is a crazy quacker

Hilary said...

I'm all for the Blessed U name -- we should get t-shirts made! :-)

Alyosha said...

That is a familiar scenario.....

Lisa Louise said...

Nothing wrong with getting an education, I won't seriously date a guy unless he is either working on or getting a degree!

Maree said...

Rats! I haven't watched it yet. I kind of thought Jake would choose the Vienna sausage, but I was still hoping. Thanks for dashing it all. Really, what does he see in her? It must be something different than the rest of the world--her daddy not included.

I didn't notice the date until I read this either. Fun!

JJ said...

Jake, bless his heart, went with the girl he described as "sexy" over the girl he described as "the perfect wife".

Love that his Mom and SIL's saw right through her.

Whats up with the date "3210", I must be really missing some significant cultural reference or something...

Ru said...

Blessed U. Absolutely, done and done.

(Really though, Jakester came down to a "professional dancer" and a former Hooters girl. The chances he wanted a woman with ambition ended on the first night when he nixed the girl from the Air National Guard in favor of two "models" and a "nanny.")

(Sorry, all those quote marks weren't really necessary, and I hate to disparage Tenley, because she has cartoon chipmunk eyes that well with tears every time a bird loses a feather, but really. I kind of doubt even some of the professed careers were real careers.)

jnyfritz said...

i have never watched the bachelor until we went and visited our in-laws a few weeks ago, that night i said Jake would pick the one with the big boobs and NO ONE believed me...now i am the one who knows it all!

lindsey said...

I saw Glenn Beck at the same place your sister saw him. I would have been more excited to see YOU.

In fact, I was more excited that my friends' photographer was someone I recognized!

Colt said...

I don't think I could handle Glenn Beck being in my same temple session either. My maturity level would have dropped and I would have looked for hand sanitizer to through in eyes. Although I am tempted to but his name on the prayer roll, since this man is in obvious need of help.