Ad

4/5/10

from the desk of s.a. childbride

Hi internet!





Goodbye spring break!





Speaking of spring break, (Moab was great, thanks!) I decided to do something wild and post some craft pictures on my blog.





I know, right?





Anyway, I really like sewing stuff, and I really sewing bags. I'm super particular about bags, so I like to make up my own patterns. Sadly, I'm not a spatial visual learner, so the fact that this bag has THREE freaking pleats is some kind of miracle. Also, I like bags with a lot of structure, so I always line them with duck cloth, which is a really stiff canvas. I have no idea whether or not you care about my creative process, but if I'm going to go craft blog, I'm going to go hardcore.








And yes, suddenly I'm feeling all sad that I'm a lousy photographer with a normal person camera. Just imagine my bag a thousand times cooler looking in real life. Because it IS pretty kickass, frankly.




















Is this a better photo? I can't even tell.



And, for your further viewing pleasure, an awesome photo of Dan looking festive AND patriotic whilst modeling the bag.

go me.

18 comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

I like it. Posting something a little out of the ordinary (aka what's expected of us) is fun, I think. I didn't even die of shock.
And welcome back.

Dustin and Whit said...

I absolutely love it! I want one!

Ace said...

MCB, I am a craft blog whore... for taking pictures, check out here...
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/02/diy_light_tent_using_plain_paper_an.html

Rynell said...

While I think your bag is quite lovely, now I have Seinfeld on the brain, what with your husband doing such a great job of modeling the bag and all. "It's not a purse, it's European!"

NIKOL said...

I love that fabric, and I envy your mad bag-sewin' skillz.

Becky said...

cute. I really like the print :)

Amy said...

Way cool.

Bug said...

I have that fabric! I always use interface which never seems stiff enough, it never occurred to me to use duck cloth (smarty!). I will try that on my next bag.

Lisa Louise said...

oh dan that bag is just fabulous! seriously though steep I want to learn how to do that :)

Nookleerman said...

Not to be judgemental or anything, but if your schnookums is going to be patriotic, shouldn't he have his right hand over his heart? I don't know how you people do it out in Utah, but that's how we do it 'round here...

Brooke said...

Amazing! I love the print you picked.

Lindsey said...

favorite. love it. the dan pose is the best. you should add more pictures. i am very visual.

Mrs. Clark said...

Too cute! And I admire your hub for being willing to pose with the bag. I can tell you're newlyweds.

Spencer S. said...

Now that I have seen it modeled by Dan, I would like to purchase it.

gurrbonzo said...

Good job!!

Carley A. T. said...

look at those freakin' pleats!

Emily said...

wish I could sew like that.

what if you sew me a bag and I take pictures of it for your blog. yeah? yeah. doesn't sound like a fair trade to me either. crap.

Aunt Spicy said...

DYING! So am in love! Amy Butler lotus print is a classic! And where do you find duck cloth with polka dots? I so am in love with this bag! Way to go crafting=rock-star!