Ad

4/30/10

i always wished my name was estephanie instead of stephanie

In case you were wondering.

Anyway, hello e-world! I assume you're here because you would like an update? Okay then.


Some things you didn't know:

1. When I was hired for my job, I was told it was for this year only, and I would have to go through the entire interview/competition process again in April. I took the job anyway, because hells bells, a half-year of teaching is better than no teaching.


2. When interviewing for a job, here are some tactics I find helpful:

a. Begging.

b. Threatening.


Some things you know now:

1. During my interview last week, I threatened to egg my Principal's car if he did not re-hire me.

2. I got the job.


Woot woot Child Bride! AND....I never have to interview again. Assuming I don't sleep with a student, I'm here as long as I want.

16 comments:

Brammer Family said...

Ahhhhhhhhh! That's awesome!!! So happy for you! :)

alishka babushka said...

that is HAPPY happy news. congrats.

Lauren said...

Congrats! It's always nice to know your job is "safe," despite the fact of higher class sizes next year, more budget cuts, AND higher expectations for student success. Here's hoping your first full year will be wonderful.

CaitStClair said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

And good luck with not sleeping with any students. At the rate it's been happening I'm starting to think it must be harder to resist than I ever thought possible.

NIKOL said...

Hooray! I'm so happy for you!

Ru said...

PS - Can I say how glad I am that you have a new post? I've been going internet crazy here at work.

Ru said...

CONGRATS!

The Boob Nazi said...

Congrats!!!! NOW EMAIL ME BACK.

Carley A. T. said...

Congrats! A steady job, a steady paycheck, what comes next!

No, really, what comes next?

mommy dearest said...

we almost named you robin. fly away little birdie.

AzĂșcar said...

Hooray!

Lisa Louise said...

congrats steep!!! that is so exciting!!!!!!!!!!

lindsey said...

Congratulations!!! Teaching is the BEST.

Mrs. Clark said...

Woot woot, indeed! Congratulations!

Chels... said...

So basically I was mindlessly blog stalking people and ran across your blog, totally recognized you... And realized that we were in the same sorority for a little bit. I'm pretty sure I never really got to know you too well cause you got hitched, buuuut, I still remember you telling the story about miraculously getting the cook job. Way to get the teacher job! You're hilarious, enjoy your blog. :)

Flo said...

you rock.