Ad

5/11/10

overheard

(a teacher)

"If a student is convicted of a felony, can they still walk with NHS* at graduation?"

(another teacher, in reply)

"I don't know, but here's a better question, can that convicted felon SPEAK at graduation?"


(a student, running to take an AP Test)


"I'm fine! I'm FINE! I JUST NEED TO REMEMBER TO BREATHE."


(a student)

"His last name sounds like an STD."


(my student)

"Mrs. L! I hit a deer!"

(me, confused)

"Like a "Pulls Santa's sleigh deer?"

(student)

"Yeah, my Dad and I were drunk up the canyon, so he dared me to get out of the car and punch this deer in the road!"

(me, speechless)

"And now I have to go to court! Because a ranger saw us! And I endangered an animal. Hey, can I turn in my rough draft a little late?"

(me, resigned)

"Sure."





I really enjoy my job.



*National Honors Society

6 comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

hahahahahaha the punching a deer one cracked me up!

Aunt Spicy said...

"my Dad and I were drunk up the canyon"

oh gosh...

Dustin and Whit said...

wow that is ALOT to take in, the most I overhear in a day is bababababa, dadadada, mamamama, jujujujuju, and then just total non sense. I miss good ole gossip and adult conversation!

Lena said...

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Also, it made me think "I got hit by a deer!" "You hit a deer?" "No, I got hit, BY a deer." "You've lost mommy."

stewbert said...

wow ... father of the year there ...

Kimbooly said...

Wow. I'm speechless.

About the NHS conversation.

How much more ironic can it get--teachers are talking about the possibility of a *criminal* still taking part in an *honor* society. There is no honor in criminal activity, period!

The conversation cracks me up because of the irony.