Ad

10/11/12

Three things


I saw this on Facebook (damn you Facebook, for combining the useful and the useless,) and I cried my way through the presentation.

This is the kind of mother I want to be.

This is the kind of teacher I want to be.

This is the kind of person I want to be.

Sarah Kay scares me because I realize there is more I could be doing, and should be doing, in my world.






Sarah talks about making lists of things she knows to be true, and having her students do the same. When we identify what we believe, we discover that some people have the exact same beliefs on their lists, and some people have things we don't  even know about on theirs. When we share what we know to be true, we learn more about others, and more about ourselves. 

In honor of Sarah Kay, here are three things I know to be true.

1. Clara looks beautiful when she sleeps in her crib.
2. The place between believing and non-believing is lonely, no matter how many kindred spirits you find.
3. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Winston Churchill taught me that.


What are three things you know to be true?



















7 comments:

Fig said...

1. There is grey, and I live in it.

2. We are here for each other and that's it.

3. Butter.

mere said...

1. I like asking the right questions WAY more than finding the exact answers. 2. I'm stronger than I thought. 3. God is found in the depth and vulnerability of human connections.

Lisa said...

1. It's raining.
2. I may not remember the exact words he used, but I remember the feeling every time my Dad tells me he is disappointed in me.
3. Cereal milk leaves a sour taste in my mouth

bunkersdown.com said...

1. The days are long, but the years are short.
2. Death is not the end.
3. It is not the critic who counts, but the man who is actually in the arena. (Theodore Roosevelt) So pay attention to the people who actually do things and not the ones on the sideline talking.

carlotisabel said...

1.You aren't alone, but life is frequently lonely.

2.The voice of reason's echos are usually only inside voices.

3.Husband's mission presidents are not really a citeable source.

M. Butterfly said...

1. Nothing is right for everybody
2. Mistakes are valuable. Painful, but valuable.
3. We will never know everything.

Ashley said...

1. As scary as it is for me to not be in control, it's not the end of the world.

2. I feel good when I do good.

3. Sadness makes happiness that much sweeter.

Love you Steph.