1/17/13

Religiosity and Relationships


Good Morning internet!

My friend Ryan is looking for help on his dissertation project studying the relationship between religiosity and attitudes about relationships and  gender roles. (So something that does not interest me even at all, right? Kidding. This fascinates me.)He is looking for LDS or formerly LDS people to complete a short survey. 

Since Mormons are the most helpful and organized people I know, (I'm saying that without even a degree of snark,) I thought I would post some information about his survey and project here, and include a link to the survey.

Let's help Ryan get that dissertation done, and then convince him and his wonderful wife Lisset to stay in Utah forever and ever amen.

Click HERE to go take his survey!

Here is Ryan's description of his project taken from his Facebook page:


About

My name is Ryan Stevenson and I am inviting you to assist me in my dissertation research project. If you are over the age of 18 and have ever been a member of the LDS church, you fit the requirements. Please click "About" to find link and more info.
Description
I am a fourth year doctoral student in the University of Utah Counseling Psychology doctoral program.

This project has been approved by the U of U IRB. My study is aimed at understanding the impact of religious activity and attitudes and how one views relationships between men and women and aspects of gender roles.

As a participant, you will be asked to answer a number of questions about yourdemographics, and some questions from pre-established measures about your attitudes and beliefs regarding religion and relationships between men and women, and gender roles. No identifying information will be gathered, and all of the information obtained in this study will be confidential and anonymous.

If you are interested in helping me by completing this survey, please click on the link below. This will require about 10-15 minutes of your time. To encourage your participation and involvement in this study you are able to enter into a random drawing to receive a $10 gift card to a retail store of your choice (i.e., REI, GAP, Amazon, iTunes, etc.) to compensate for your time.

Please share this page on facebook or email the survey link and information to anyone who also meets the research study requirements (18 and has been LDS at some time) in any state or country. Thank you very much for your time and assistance with this project. 



You can also click HERE to learn more about his project on the book of faces....












Also, I should probably say somewhere that I was not compensated in any way for talking about Ryan's project. :)




4 comments:

Brooke said...

Glad I could help him out but it was interesting for me, too. It forced me to nail down where I fall on the spectrum of belief on certain things.

Gretta Whalen said...

I took it and posted it on my FB page for others to take. A bunch of people came back with the complaint that the questions were "poorly written". The questions didn't accurately represent their experience. So...they've never taken a survey?

Wendy said...

This brought back bad memories of collecting data for my dissertation a few years back. Happy to help someone out and be on this side of it.

I've also decided that I probably don't make any sense whatsoever on paper as far as my actions/beliefs/feelings matching up!

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.